Giving Feedback Reviewee's Perspective
Here is a video clip of feedback being given to a member of staff by the principal
Watch it through and then:
- List and discuss your general impressions.
- Make a list of the "Strengths" and "Areas for development" of this teacher as outlined by the principal.
- Discuss the teacher's explanations for his perceived shortcomings.
- How might you as a classroom teacher better handle the approach of the principal.
- What lessons do you think the teacher may take away from this interview?
Now consider the teachers synopsis of the interview:
- What effect do you think this feedback will have on his future performance?
- How does such feedback correllate with the aims of the PRSD Scheme?
- What do you think this teacher should now do in order to improve his performance?