You will be logged off in seconds due to inactivity.
Click here to stay logged in
If you have set keep me signed in, you won't be logged off you will be redirected to the homepage.
V.P. Strategic Leadership Forum Directory of Expertise
Why a Forum for Special Schools?
The Special Schools' Strategic Leadership Forum was established to develop 'One Voice' and raise the profile of both Principals and Vice-Principals as leaders within the Special School sector. Special Schools work collegially at education system's level as a Principals' Forum and a Vice-Principals' Forum, each guided by a smaller Strategic Leadership Group (SLG).
Key priorities of the overall Special Schools' Strategic Leadership Forum are:
- To meet all pupils' increasingly complex learning needs
- To develop collaborative partnerships with a shared educational purpose across all support bodies
- To establish professional enquiry as critical skills at all levels of leadership
We are facilitated in this work by the Regional Training Unit (RTU) and supported by both the Department of Education (DE) and the Education and Training Inspectorate (ETI).
Overall Aim: To commit to school improvement in the Special School sector through collaborative working and dynamic leadership
Vice Principals' Forum for Special School Leaders will:
- Agree to be represented by the Strategic Leadership Group (SLG) for Vice Principals in Special Schools
- Participate in the Annual Conference held in Autumn term
- Contribute to identification of key areas for continued professional development of Vice Principals in Special Schools
- Network through this online Vice Principals' Directory of Expertise/participate in cluster meetings to identify relevant expertise that best meet the increasingly complex learning needs of their pupils
Strategic Leadership Group (SLG) for Vice Principals in Special Schools will:
- Represent the views of the Vice Principals' Forum for Special School Leaders
- Strategically lead and organise the Annual Conference and associated events
- Address the continuing professional development needs of Vice Principals
- Communicate with all Vice Principals in Special Schools
- Meet as a working group (approximately 8 times a year)
- Liaise with the Special School Principals' Strategic Leadership Forum
Overview of SLF
New to the Forum? Sign up.
0 people are currently online.